College Apartment Living
As a college senior, I have liven on campus every day of my college career:
Two years in traditional dorms, One year in a 4 bedroom 2 bath apartment on campus with three female room mates (only one of which I knew), and currently in a 4 bedroom 4 bath apartment on campus with three female roommates (only one of which I know).
Dorm living is a priceless experience that is a must for all college students, hands down.
Both apartment I have lived in are located at the heart of campus and only students live in them. The Buildings are Co-ed but as I have said I have only lived in rooms with females.
I want to give a little insight to apartment campus living. My first idea was to do a pros/cons list, but I thought maybe just the facts would be more beneficial to readers…
- It is impossible not to make awesome friends, and lasting relationships.
- You will meet people more intolerable than you have ever imagined.
- Privacy exists only in your head.
- Writing your name on your stuff mean nothing..take that back it sometimes is a reference to who you have pissed off by taking it or breaking it.
- Don’t loan anything that you wouldn’t give away. That’s right sell your text books don’t loan them.
- The words “maybe” and “whatever” as a response to questions means “yes” all of the time.
- You will hate your roommate’s significant other…you must it is like a law of nature…Don’t worry the favor will be returned.
- Girls cry more often than not during the time you are trying to fall asleep.
- The room/apartment will never be a comfortable temperature…you may get the joy or living with a thermostat Nazi, the kids that never got to touch the thermostat at home can’t keep their hands off of it.
- Ground/First floor is the most dangerous and unsafe floor of the bunch…example: break ins
- Your parents should not visit.
- Lock your door…yeah your new bff does steal.
- the shower floor is never safe/clean….ehh bleach may help a little
- The people upstairs will bowl at night and your neighbor listens to rap at unreasonable hours at deafening volume.
- Roommates will leave their alarm clocks on after they leave for the weekend or holiday.
- Your alarm clock will stop working for whatever reason during finals week.
- Wear shoes when outside apartment…beer comes in glass…be careful.
- Sticky stuff is everywhere trust me and don’t smell it.
- Fire alarms are a way of life.
- the furniture stinks
- Everyone will want to do laundry at the same time.
- The drier is like an extension of your roommate’s closet so they will just leave their clothes in there for you to handle.
- Clothes will disappear.
- Food is always fair game…like a contest of holding out to see who can wait the longest before grocery shopping.
- You will get locked out of the room only when your roommates are not home.
- Windows are pointless we never open the blinds.